Sunday, April 8, 2012

Project update…Stash invasion


100_3737
I am on block 6 now of 9 for the Love Letters quilt! I am so excited! I am more than half way there.  I am in a group to finish up some UFO`s it is great incentive to pull out my stuff and get them done so that they can be happy quilts.
100_3741
Also pieced 30 siggy blocks that will be going to another part of the world. I am ahead of the game they still haven`t closed the signup but I wanted to make sure that I had these done. You never know when you might get a chance to work on things. It is to be shirting background and 1800`s fabric for the star, there is only enough room to put your name and town, which is good cause I am not very creative as some are with siggies.
100_3743
This quilt was done when I got home from my retreat, one of the ladies was finishing her UFO and I loved the pattern, the strip sashing in the middle was one solid color and the boarders where piano key, I could only see squares all around in between the chevrons, I tried to pick the ugliest FQ`s knowing I would not use them in my quilts and it still turned out pretty good. I just love my boarder fabric. All this is just from the stash. I started on Sunday afternoon and finished Monday night and that was even going to work during the day! just couldn`t stop!

This little gem is a work in progress it is another mini that i had been working100_3745 on, the inside blocks are fledglings of another mini they stayed on the design wall just like that then I saw this pink blossom fabric and couldn`t resist. I think I will just quilt and bind it now. I have a couple of other mini`s to show you later but didn`t get a picture of them yet.
Hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your family in following loads of blogs the Easter pictures were lovely and the good eats you all made!! um!!

13 comments:

  1. What an amazing amount of accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb your projects are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your string quilt! I would like to make it. Could you tell me how you do the large string panels? Do you make a large square and then cut on the diagonal? How big is it and how wide are your strips? I would appreciate the information. This would be a great way to use up scraps and fabric in stash! Thanks for sharing it. You are really fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! so many great projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, nothing beats inspiration I love your string panels and the applique blocks they make me itch wanting to have a go at applique blocks x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks great Deb! The applique is fantastic, but I love the string quilt the best! Do you still have that redbud sapting that you offered me last year? Just wondering. It should be transplanted at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Ruth. I love the string quilt and would love to make one. I have all the same questions. can you copy me on you reply? Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Ruth - love the string quilt. Would love some directions. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, love everything you are working on.. so nice to see your projects...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comments. My dog is doing better and the vet said if all she eats now is treats then thats ok. But she is almost back to normal, so guess what so will her treat schedule:(
    Love your String quilt too. Your ugly fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing. Please update your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, do you get any sleep at all? Amazing output. Love the siggy blocks. Ady

    ReplyDelete

visitors with a spare moment said...